The Secret of Numbers 數字的秘密(3 / 3)

Let’s Talk!

開始交流吧!

Stiffen: Thanks for sparing time to have lunch with me, Smith. I know how busy you are.

史蒂芬:謝謝您趕來與我共度午餐,史密斯,我知道你很忙。

Smith: Well, you know, Steven, it is a better way to iate at table becau the atmosphere is relaxing and ea the tension.

史密斯:唔,史蒂芬,飯桌上談判是一個好辦法,因為氣氛輕鬆,能緩解壓力。

Stiffen: Smith, I have been told there is a slight problem over price.

史蒂芬:史密斯,我聽說價格上出了點小問題。

Smith: I don’t think it’s a big problem. William simply told me that he didn’t have the right to make a decision.

史密斯:我並不覺得那是什麼大問題。威廉隻是說他沒有作決定的權力。

Stiffen: Yes, I uand. Money issues must be determined by the boss in general.

史蒂芬:是的,我知道。可以這麼說,錢的問題一向是由老板定奪。

Smith: I e. Don’t you feel iating is a lot slower in this way?

史密斯:原來如此。但你不覺得這樣會使談判進度變慢嗎?

Stiffen: Maybe short of efficy, I admit.

史蒂芬:我承認可能會缺乏效率。

Smith: Well, to put it in a simple way, we feel we should be rewarded with a big dist for wholesales.

史密斯:好吧,簡單地說,我們應該享有批發的折扣。

Stiffen: Sounds reasonable. you provide some numbers for me?

史蒂芬:聽起來很合理。你可否給我具體的數字呢?

Smith: If A.J. is to be your only agent in North America, a dist of 10% per quarter is acceptable, the more we order, the more dist we should enjoy.

史密斯:如果A.J.日後成為貴公司在北美的獨家代理商,我想每季度九折是可以接受的。訂貨量越多折扣也就越大。

Stiffen: I think it is no problem, if you really feel you ll so many.

史蒂芬:如果你真的認為貴公司能夠銷售這麼多的貨,我想應該沒問題。

Smith: I believe so. You have got a first-class product line.

史密斯:我相信我們辦得到。因為你們有一流的生產線。

Stiffen: I give you the dists if you agree to a ission of 15% of the price.

史蒂芬:如果你同意把傭金訂為價格的百分之十五,那我就同意你要求的折扣。

Smith: 18% and you’ve got yourlf a deal.

史密斯:百分之十八,咱們成交。

Stiffen: How about 16%?

史蒂芬:百分之十六如何?

Smith: OK, I think we accept the 16% ission.

史密斯:好吧,可以接受淨價百分之十六的傭金條件。

Stiffen: Good. And we agree to pay once a month?

史蒂芬:好。我們每月付款一次可以嗎?

Smith: We’d prefer to make payment per quarter. With such large orders, it would be bad to our cash-flow if we paid out so much before sales began.

史密斯:我想每季度付一次比較好。由於我們下的訂單這麼大,在進賬之前就要付出這麼大筆的款項將有損我們的現金流量。