Part 1 大學課堂內外交際英語(1 / 3)

《佳人有約》reference_book_ids\":[6946235651847097351]}]},\"author_speak\":\"code\":0,\"compress_status\":1,\"content\":\"  Part 1 大學課堂內外交際英語

(Active speakers in and out of the college English classroom)

Unit 1. In the Oral Class

(口語課交際用語)1.The main problem in speaking English

(說英語的主要困難)T: What do you think is the main problem in speaking English?

你認為說英語的主要困難是什麼?

S: I just donu0027t know how to express myself.

我不知道該怎樣表達。

T: You canu0027t find the exact words to express your ideas?

找不到確切的字眼來表達自己的想法?

S: Thatu0027s often the case.Sometimes I want to use some phrases we have learned, but Iu0027m not sure about myself.

往往是這樣,有時想用一些學過的詞組,自己又沒有把握。

T: In one word, you lack practice in oral English. Itu0027s quite common among the students. Thatu0027s why we have oral English class.

一句話,缺乏訓練,這在中學生中很普遍,所以我們要開口語課。

2. The English corner(英語角)

T: Do you often go to the English corner?

你常去英語角嗎?

S: Not very often, but sometimes.

不經常去,但有時候去。

S: Many universities and colleges have such regular activity on Friday evening.

許多大學生都在周五晚定時開辦英語角。

T: No organizer, no leader.Students would like to go there to practise their spoken English.

沒有人組織,沒有領導,學生們自覺地到那裏去練習口語。

S: Betty, the American visiting teacher, gives us a lot of help.

英語教師貝蒂給我們很大幫助。

T: Thatu0027s true.

確實是這樣。

3.Extracurricular English activity

(英語課外活動)T: Can you give some ideas for practising English?

你對如何練習英語有什麼想法?

S: As far as I know, the “Extracurricular English Activity\" is a wide English World out of the classroom.

我覺得英語課活動是一個廣闊的課外英語世界。

T: How many students are involved in this activity?

有多少同學參與這一活動?

S: About half.

大約一半。

T: All practical activities require conscious effort.

實踐活動都是要自覺的。

S: Sometimes we would remain in the classroom after the oral English class.

有時上完口語課,我們還留在教室裏。

T: For what?

幹什麼呢?

S: For an happy hour of English conversation with classmates.

同學們興奮地在教室裏用英語聊天。

T: Thatu0027s great!

太棒了!

4.Open our mouths(開口說話)

T: Have you any good way to push our oral English forward?

你有什麼好辦法使我們的口語提高一步?

S: I think first of all we must open our mouths.

我認為首先必須開口說話。

T: What shall we do if someone keeps silence?

如果有人沉默不說話怎麼辦?

S: We may turn to pair work or group talk.

可以開展雙人對話或小組討論。

T: What if heu0027s still speechless in a small group?

如果在小組裏他還不說呢?

S: Donu0027t press him too hard. Let him be free.

不要強迫他。讓他自便。

5.Speaking English in the dorm

(在宿舍說英語)T: Have you got in the habit speaking English with your roommates in the evening?

你們養成晚上在宿舍說英語的習慣了嗎?

S: No,itu0027s not interesting at all.

沒有,一點意思都沒有。

T: Youu0027ve tried it?

你們試過了?

S: Yes, but our talk can last no longer than one or two minutes.

試過了。一次最多隻能說一、兩分鍾。

T: Why?

為什麼?

S: We are often stuck after 2 or 3 sentences.

說兩三句就卡住了。

T: But you may help each other and even with the help of the dictionary.

但你們可以互相幫助,甚至借助字典。

S: Thatu0027s a great trouble.

太麻煩了。

T: You should go ahead in spite of all the trouble.

不要怕麻煩,要堅持說。

6.Keep to the subject!(不要跑題!)

T: I think you are straying form the topic.

我看你們談的有點離題了吧。

S: In fact we are talking around the subject.Only that we want to get things deeper, so our conversation sounds a bit far away from the topic.

實際上我們是圍繞主題談論的,隻是我們希望深入探討,因此我們的討論聽起來有點跑題。

T: Thatu0027s all right as long as you keep speaking English.Go on,please.

那好。隻要你們堅持講英語,繼續談吧。

7.Avoid Chinglish in the speech!

(盡量不講漢式英語!)T: What should we do to avoid Chinglish in our speech?

我們該如何避免講漢式英語?

S: We have to listen to English more often and do more outside reading in English. So we can get to know what is the English way of saying things.

我們要常聽英語,增加課外閱讀,以熟悉英語的表達方式。

T: Thatu0027s right.Memorizing some English essays and articles would also help.In this way we would gradually stop thinking in Chinese.

對。背誦一些英語文章也很有幫助,這樣我們可以逐步放棄用漢語思考的習慣。

Unit 2In the Listening class

(聽力課交際用語)1. Listening to the radio(聽廣播)

T: Do you listen to Radio Beijing?

你聽Radio Beijing嗎?

S: I prefer VOA or BBC.

不聽。我願意聽美國之音和BBC。

T: Why?

為什麼?

S: VOA and BBC offer idiomatic English programs.I like Special English of VOA.

美國之音和BBC是地道的英語節目。我喜歡美國之音的特別英語節目。

T: Itu0027s not standard English. Itu0027s slower.

那不是標準英語語速,說得較慢。

S: Especially the news report.

特別是新聞節目。

2.TV English program

(電視英語節目)T: Do you like TV English Program?

你喜歡電視英語節目嗎?

S: Yes.I enjoy it.I think it can both entertain and educate the viewers.

喜歡。我想它既能為人們提供娛樂又能起到教育作用。

T: What are your favorite programs?

你最喜歡哪些節目?

S: I like “The Discovery\" very much. It is on at about 12:30 at noon.I enjoy the TV serials U.F.O.and I learn so much from it.

我很喜歡“The Discovery”欄目,大約中午12:30 播出。我愛看“飛碟”(不明飛行物)係列片,從中受益不小。

T: So you are much interested in science.

這麼說你對科技很感興趣。

S: Thatu0027s true.

是的。

3. How long do you listen to English every day?

(每天用多長時間聽英語?)T:How long do you listen to English every day?

你每天用多長時間聽英語?

S: It just depends.

這得看情況。

T: Why not have a plan and listen to English regularly?

為什麼沒有計劃,每天定時聽呢?

S: I usually listen to English programs in the morning, but sometimes Iu0027m carried away by music or other programs over the radio.

我通常早上聽英語,但有時打開收音機,被音樂或其它節目迷住了。

T: Oh. Iu0027m sorry to hear that. You may enjoy music in your leisure time.

噢,很遺憾。你可以在閑暇時間聽音樂。

S: Yes. I should try to be strict with myself.

是的。我應當嚴格要求自己。

4. Why are you disappointed?

(為什麼失望)T: Why are you so disappointed?

為什麼這麼失望啊?

S: I listened to the second paragraph many times.But I just couldnu0027t catch one word in the beginning sentence...a letter of what?

第二段我聽了好幾遍,開頭句的一個詞怎麼也聽不清楚。……一封什麼信?

T: Donu0027t lose heart. A letter of complaint.

別灰心。A letter of complaint.

S: Complaint? I seem to know the word,but I forget the Chinese for it.

我好像知道這個詞,但想不起來中文意思。

T: When you are not satisfied with somthing, you would complain.

當你對某些事物不滿意時,就要投拆。

S: Yes, I remember now. Thank you.

啊,我想起來了。謝謝。

5. Some reforms on the listening class

(聽力課的改革)T: Can we carry on some reforms on the listening class?

聽力課能進行一些改革嗎?

S: Yes. I think so. But how?

能。但怎麼改革呢?

T: Our English class is still traditional.Most students prefer listening to the teacher.

我們的聽力課還是傳統式的。大部分同學就願意聽老師講。

S: We listen to the tape attentively and can only make out half of it.So we like to listen to you explaining everything.

我們專心地聽著錄音,也隻能聽懂一半,所以願意聽老師逐句解釋。

T: You pay too much attention to individual words and expressions. In fact what matters a lot is the content and the ideas of the material. How about group work in which you may talk to each other about what you hear? Help from your classmates is just as important as that from the teacher.

你們過多地注重單個的詞和詞組,事實上重要的是內容。小組討論怎麼樣?在小組裏你們可以就聽到的內容互相交談。同學之間的互相啟發與來自老師的幫助同等重要。

S: We know that.Letu0027s work together and try our best.

這一點我們也知道,讓我們共同努力吧。

6. Donu0027t get absent-minded! (別走神!)

T: Concentrate yourself on the recording.

集中精力聽錄音。

S: Iu0027ve tried my best to do so,but if I meet some new words, Iu0027ll get absent-minded.

我盡量注意聽,但遇到生詞就走神。

T: Sometimes it is not the new words that hinder your hearing. It might be the vowel sounds which are given different pronunciations by different speakers in this passage, so you must be patient and judge by yourself according to the context.

有時不一定是生詞妨礙你的聽力,在這段材料中可能是不同的講話者對一些元音的發音不同。這會使你受影響,你必須耐心聽,根據上下文判斷。Unit 3. Everyday life at school

(學校日常生活用語)1 In front of the buildings

(在教學樓前)A: What are these buildings?

這些建築是做什麼用的?

B: Theyu0027re student dormitories.

是學生宿舍。

A: Whatu0027s that tall building over there?

那邊那座高樓是做什麼用的?

B: Itu0027s the school library. Itu0027s new, isnu0027t it?

那是學校圖書館。它很新,不是嗎?

A: Fairly!

相當新了!

B: Whereu0027s the school clinic?

學校診所在哪兒?

A: Itu0027s just behind the library.

就在圖書館後麵。

B: Is that building the lecture hall?

那座建築是講座廳嗎?

A: Yes, it is.

是的。

2 Meeting on the campus(校園相遇)

A: Can I help you with your luggage?

我來幫你拿行李吧。

B: Thanks a lot.Can you take me to Building No. Four? Iu0027m told my room is there.

多謝。你能帶我去4號樓嗎?我的房間在那兒。

A: So youu0027re a new student. Come with me.Iu0027ll show you the way.

那麼你是一名新學生了。跟我來,我給你帶路。

B: Thank you very much.

非常感謝。

3 Meeting a friend on the campus

(老朋友校園相遇)A: Hello! Li Hua. How are you?

嗨!李華。你好嗎?

B: Hi! What a surprise! I havenu0027t seen you for ages, and how are you?

嗨!真沒想到會是你!好久沒見你了,你好嗎?

A: Just as usual, thank you.You look great today! Howu0027s everything with you?

還行,謝謝。你今天顯得特別精神。一切可好啊!

B: Pretty good. Glad to see you again. You are looking terrific in that jacket.

還不錯。見到你太好了!你穿上那件茄克衫帥極了。

A: Really? Good God! Youu0027ve become a chatterbor!

真的?天呀!你已經成了話匣子了!

B: Far from it.By the way,where are you going?

過獎了。順便問一下,你要去哪兒?

A: Iu0027m going to the computer center. What about you?

我要去計算機中心。你呢?

B: Good, Iu0027m heading for the post office, then for the computer center. See you later.

我要去郵局,然後去計算機中心。回頭見!

A: Good, Iu0027ll see you there.

好的,在那兒見。

4 Talking about study (談論學習)

A: How are you getting along with your studies?

你的學習怎麼樣?

B: Not very well!

不太好!

A: Why do you say so?

怎麼呢?

B: Iu0027ve not got used to the way of teaching and learning at the university.

我還沒有習慣大學裏的教學方法。

A: What do you mean by saying that?

此話怎講?

B: At middle school, the teachers talked all the time.We just took notes, tried to memorize the books, and got high marks.But here in the university, there are so many discussions,experiments and papers.

中學時老師隻管講,我們隻做筆記,努力背書,得高分。可在大學裏,有這麼多的討論、實驗和論文。

A: Thereu0027s some truch to that.

是這樣的!

B: And everyone seems only to mind oneu0027s own business.After class, I canu0027t find either my professors or classmates, so sometimes I even got homesick.

每個人似乎隻管自己的事,課後老師和同學很難找到。所以有時我甚至想家。

A: Oh, thatu0027s the college life. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

哦,這就是大學生活。入鄉隨俗吧!

5 Encouragement(鼓勵)

A: It seems that I havenu0027t a gift for languages. I simply canu0027t learn English!

我好像沒有語言天賦,根本就學不了英語!

B: Why do you say so? I think youu0027ve made a lot of progress.

怎麼那麼說呢? 你已經進步不小了。

A: No,Iu0027ve not. I have tried a lot but I still canu0027t speak it well. How do you pick it up so quickly and easily?

我沒什麼進步。試了又試,還是講不好。你怎麼學得又快又輕鬆呢?

B: Learning any language takes a lot of effort.But donu0027t give up.We need to brush it up a bit every day. Why donu0027t we practise those dialogues together?

學任何語言都要付了出巨大努力,但不要放棄。需要我們每天溫習。我們為什麼不在一起練練那些對話呢?

A: Good idea! That just might help.

好主意! 這樣也許會有幫助。

6 Talking about college(談論學校)

A: Iu0027m thinking about transferring out of this college into another one.

我想轉到另一所學校。

B: How come? I thought you liked it here.

為什麼?我原以為你喜歡這裏。

A: I do. But our economic de part ment doesnu0027t give Masteru0027s degrees, only Bacheloru0027s. I want a Masteru0027s.

我是喜歡這兒。但是這兒的經濟係不授予碩士學位,隻有學士學位,而我想要碩士學位。

B: What are you worrying about? Just ask your professors to write letters of recommendation for you and youu0027ll be set.

你擔心什麼?讓你們教授給你寫幾封推薦信不就行了嗎。

A: Professor Li wrote a letter of recommendation for me and bought me a lot of books and some reference material that goes with them, so I owe a lot to him.

李教授給我寫了一封推薦信,還為我買了許多書及配套的參考資料,我很感激他。

7 Studying abroad(談論留學)

A: Do you want to study abroad?

你要出國留學?

B: Nothing tangible is in sight yet. I have just applied, and havenu0027t heard anything yet.

八學還沒一撇呢。我剛申請,還沒什麼消息。

A: What sort of formalities do you need to go through to study abroad?

出國留學都需要辦些什麼手續?

B: First youu0027re got to take a foreign language test like the TOEFL or the GRE. If the score is good, then you can apply for a scholarship.