預防流感,止於源頭

錦囊妙句

對於(流感的)一些早期患病信號要警惕。

Keep an eye out for early warning signs.

早期的症狀會出現得很突然。

The early 1)symptoms are rapid 2)onset.

這些症狀包括發高燒、咳嗽以及呼吸緊促。

Symptoms include high fever, cough, and shortness of breath.

這很少見,但是人類感染禽流感的確發生了。

It’s rare, but human 3)infections with bird flu do occur.

禽類感染人類比人類間互相感染更常見。

Bird-to-human spreading is more common than human-to-human.

流感病毒會不斷變異,所以我們不想其引起大範圍的流行病。

Flu viruses are constantly changing, so we don’t want to trigger a 4)pandemic.

盡量少接觸家禽。

Try to keep contact with 5)poultry to a minimum.

吃完全煮熟的食物不會使你感染禽流感。You can’t catch the bird flu

from eating well-cooked food.

確保將雞肉和雞蛋完全煮熟。

Make sure to 6)thoroughly cook your chicken and eggs.

講求基本的衛生很重要。

It’s important to follow basic 7)hygienic practices.

在準備食物前、中、後都要洗手。

Wash your hands before, during, and after preparing food.

記得在處理生肉後洗手。

Remember to wash your hands after handling raw meat.

在咳嗽或者打噴嚏時捂上自己的嘴。

Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.

在照顧病人的時候,要保持手部清潔。

Always keep your hands clean when taking care of someone who’s sick.

立即扔掉用過的紙巾。

8)Dispose of used 9)tissues immediately.

確保在摸完自己的嘴或鼻子後洗手。

Make sure you wash your hands after touching your mouth or nose.

將冰箱裏的生肉和熟肉分開冷藏。

Always keep your raw meat and cooked meat separate in the fridge.