逗號隨意添,意思變了臉

拾趣

同學們在書寫英語時,不注意有隨意增加逗號的現象,殊不知,就是這個小小的逗號一加,意思可就變了臉,所以平時我們在書寫時不可隨意增加逗號,請看幾例:

1. I heard somebody calling Helen. 我聽見有人在叫海倫。

I heard somebody calling, Helen. 海倫,我聽有人在叫。

2. The mother stopped giving my sister angry looks. 媽媽不再生氣地看著我姐姐。

The mother stopped, giving my sister angry looks. 媽媽停下來,生氣地看著我姐姐。

3. Jimy, my cat, died. 我的貓吉米死了。

Jimy, my cat died. 吉米,我的貓死了。

4. When eating, chickens make a clucking noise. 小雞啄食時發出咯咯的聲音。

When eating chickens, make a clucking noise. 吃雞時,發出咯咯的聲音。

5. Smiling, the policemen left the town. 警察們微笑著出了城。

Smiling policemen left the town. 微笑的警察出了城。

6. During the morning, pray meetings were held. 在早上,舉行了祈禱大會。

During the morning pray, meetings were held. 在早上祈禱期間,舉行了會議。

7. While eating, the natives drink freely. 在吃飯時,當地人隨意地喝酒。

While eating the natives, drink freely. 在吃土特產時,隨意地喝酒。