錦囊妙句

作者:

加拿大是個多元民族融合的移民國家,瀕臨太平洋和大西洋,盛產海鮮,擁有最純淨、天然的高質量食材。富饒的大自然食材與異國文化的融合,孕育出獨具特色的加拿大美食。單憑想象,就足以令我們垂涎三尺。

加拿大人是吃通心粉和奶酪最多的民族。

Canadians eat more 1)macaroni and cheese than any other nation.

克雷福晚餐基本上伴我度過了大學時光。

2)Kraft Dinner basically got me through college.

奶酪澆肉汁土豆條可能不健康,但是很美味。

3)Poutine might be unhealthy, but it’s so delicious.

我們從小販那裏買個肉卷吧。

Let’s get a 4)donair from that vendor.

我媽媽會做美味的幹鮭魚和熊肉香腸。

My mom makes great salmon jerky and bear 5)pepperoni.

我們從小溪捉到鱒魚並鮮炸來吃。

We catch our 6)trout from the 7)creek and fry it fresh.

那裏的冰酒是世界聞名的。

The ice wines are internationally renowned.

感恩節、複活節和聖誕節都必須有火雞。

You’ve got to have turkey for Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas.

你吃過幹肉餅嗎?

Have you ever tried 8)pemmican?

我真的要去吃些薄餅。

I could really go for some 9)bannock.

她奶奶做的餡餅好吃得要命。

Her grandma makes 10)pierogis 11)to die for.

你為什麼不煎一下這些煙熏肉呢?

Why don’t you 12)fry up some of that bacon?

鹿肉派是我最喜歡吃的。

13)Venison pie is my favourite.

楓蜜糖漿幾乎是全國人的甜點。

Maple 14)syrup is practically the national dish.

我喜歡在魚和牛肉湯裏加新鮮的鱈,而不是鹽醃的鱈。

I prefer my fish and 15)brewis with fresh cod instead of salted cod.

你一定會喜歡蒂姆霍頓餐廳的甜甜圈。

Gotta love Tim Horton’s 16)doughnuts!

一頓美味的燉馴鹿肉能真正使你暖透心窩。

A good 17)caribou stew can really warm you up.

她怎麼也吃不膩納奈莫糕這種甜點。

She can’t get enough Nanaimo bars.

沒有什麼比自家做的蘋果派更好吃了。

There’s nothing better than homemade apple pie.