Meanings of Addressing 稱呼的含意(3 / 3)

他的一般稱呼是威廉爵士。

Does Beijing have a special niame?

北京有沒有一個特別的稱呼?

This appellation plead him.

這個稱呼很中他的意。

They always addresd each other by their Christian name.

他們總是以教名互相稱呼。

Let’s Talk!

開始交流吧!

Ben: Hi, Joy, why do you look so dowed?

本:嘿,羅伊,怎麼看上去無精打采的呀?

Joy: I was blamed by our boss.

羅伊:剛剛被老板責備了一頓。

Ben: What a pity! What’s happening?

本:太可憐了!發生了什麼事情?

Joy: I lost a big t, and make a great loss for our pany.

羅伊:我搞丟了一個大客戶,並為此使得公司損失了很多錢。

Ben: Did you do anything wrong?

本:你做錯了什麼嗎?

Joy: Just becau a wrong addressing.

羅伊:隻是因為一個稱呼的錯誤。

Ben: An addressing? Tell me iail.

本:一個稱呼?說具體點。

Joy: A lady was ied in our new development plan and wished to do iment, so our boss asked me to sign a tract with her. I thought she was married when I saw her and called her Mrs. She was very angry and told me that she hadn’t got married, and therefore cel the cooperation.

羅伊:有一個女士對我們的開發計劃很有興趣並希望投資這一計劃,老板讓我去和她簽合約。我見到她的時候以為她已經結婚了,就叫她夫人。結果她很生氣,說自己還沒有結婚,並因此取消了和我們的合作。

Ben: Did she em old?

本:她看上去年紀很大嗎?

Joy: At least forty years old.

羅伊:至少有四十多歲了。

Ben: Well many aging people don’t get married, so it is not enough to make judgment just from their appearances.

本:不過現在很多年紀比較大的人都沒有結婚,所以不能僅僅從相貌上判斷稱呼。

Joy: Well what shall I call her?

羅伊:那我應該怎麼稱呼這樣的人呢?

Ben: As for tho women that you’re not sure about their marital status, you just call her Ms.

本:對於不清楚是否已婚的女人,你隻需要稱呼她為女士就可以了。

Joy: I kwon, but how could this addressing mistake lead to such a rious quence?

羅伊:我知道了,不過僅僅一個稱呼的錯誤怎麼會導致這麼嚴重的後果呢?

Ben: Different tries and individuals bear different attitudes towards addressing. Some people do care about the wrong title.

本:不同的國家,不同的個體對於稱呼的看法不同。有些人非常介意被稱呼錯。

Joy: It ems that I should learn more about it iure.

羅伊:看來今後要多了解一些這方麵的知識了。

Ben: That is a fall into a pit, a gain in your wit.

本:就當吃一塹長一智了。