當然有進步,進步還不小呢。我的兩個同班同學跟我一起彈。
B: What sort of music do you like to play?
你喜歡彈什麼曲子?
A: All sorts, nothing in particular,anything perhaps from Spanish,classical to jazz.
沒有什麼特別愛好,各種曲子都彈,西班牙的,古典的,以至於爵士樂,什麼都喜歡。
24 Does TV attract you very much?
(電視是否非常吸引你?)A: Whatu0027s on tonight? Who are in the leading roles?
今晚演什麼?都誰演主角?
B: Stand by Me.
《佳人有約》。
A: How do you like it?
你覺得怎樣?
B: It was really a knock-out.
真過癮。
A: Does TV attract you very much?
你很喜歡看電視嗎?
B: Yes, I like to watch TV,but only when I am at home.
是的,我喜歡看電視,但隻是回家的時候看。
A: Why?
為什麼?
B: We have hardly any chance to watch TV on the campus.
在校園裏幾乎沒有機會看電視。
A: You donu0027t have TV rooms open to students?
你們學校沒有向學生開放的電視室嗎?
B: Yes, we have. But they are open only when there are some important events such as the Olympics, the Asian Games or the finals in the World Cup of Football.
我們有電視室,但隻是當有重大事件時才對學生開放,比如奧運會、亞運會、或是世界杯足球決賽時。
25 At the birthday parth(在生日宴會上)
A: Come in, Li Lin. Itu0027s good to see you on my birthday.
李林,進來。真高興在我生日時見到你。
B: Itu0027s good to see you, too. How are things with you?
我也很高興。一切順利吧?
A: Oh,fine. They are my friends Li Hua and Fang Yi. Li Hua studies at Tianjin University of Technologr; Fang Yi is from Nankai.
很好,他們是我的好朋友李華和方毅。李華在天津理工大學上學,方毅是南開大學的學生。
B: Hi, you two.
你們好。
A: Hi,Li Lin.
你好,李林。
B: I guess youu0027ve reserved this birthday table on the campus for this special occasion. Some students in my collegs also do the same.
我想你一定是為自己的生日預定了校園生日餐桌,我們學校一些同學也這樣做。
A: Itu0027s nice to pass the good time with my friends in such a specially decorated room.
在布置別致的生日餐廳裏與好朋友共度美好時光真是太好了。
26 The English speech contest(演講比賽)
A: How did you like the English lecture contest by the first-year students?
你覺得一年級的英語演講比賽怎麼樣?
B: Very good indeed!
相當不錯!
A: Which did you like best?
你認為哪個最好?
B: Well, the second was good, and the last one was also interesting.And I especially liked the one with the title of “I want to fly.\" Heu0027s got such good pronunciation!
哦,第二個挺好的,最後一個也很有趣。我尤其喜歡那個題目為“我要飛翔”的。他的語音好極了。
A: Yes, he also got the highest scores from the judgements!
是的,評委們給了他最高分!
B: Our dean spoke highly of his beautiful pronunciation and intonation.
我們的係主任對他的語音語調給了很高評價!
A: Itu0027s really a kind of enjoyment to listen to his speech.
聽他的演講確實是一種享受。
27 Salon plan(沙龍計劃)
A: Whatu0027s up?
有什麼新鮮的事嗎?
B: Nothing much. Whatu0027s new with you?
沒有。你有什麼新鮮的事兒嗎?
A: Not too much.Iu0027ve been pretty busy the whole day.
沒什麼。整天瞎忙。
B: Me too. It seems like all I do is eating and sleeping.
可不是嘛,整天好像除了吃就是睡。
A: You remember that thing you told me last week?
你還記得上個月你跟我說的那件事嗎?
B: Which one? The one about the English salon?
什麼事?是不是關於英語沙龍的事?
A: Yeah. Thatu0027s the one. Listen, Iu0027ve got a terrific idea about the whole project and we need to discuss it.
對,就是。我聽我說,我對這個計劃有個絕妙的主意,想和你商量商量。
B: Wonderful! Iu0027d like to hear some of your ideas.
好極了!我很願意聽聽你的想法。
28 I want to be a teacher(我想當老師)
A: Have you thought about what youu0027ll do after you graduate from the university next year?
明年大學畢業後你打算做什麼?
B: I think Iu0027ll probably go into teaching.Itu0027s what Iu0027ve always wanted to do.But my parents hope Iu0027ll work in the office. I think itu0027s too dull,though.
我想我多半會去教書,這是我一直想從事的職業。但是我父母希望我進機關工作,可我認為在機關工作太枯燥。
A: So you want to be a teacher?
所以你想當老師?
B: Yeah. Being a teacher, Iu0027ll have a happy and rewarding life.And I think being surrounded by young people may help to keep me young.
對,當老師,我的生活會過得快樂,富有成果。跟年輕人在一起,我也永葆青春。
29 Sightseeing in Beijing(到北京觀光)
A: Hello, itu0027s my first time in Beijing. What would you advise me to see here?
你好,這是我第一次來北京。你看我在這兒遊覽些什麼地方好?
B: Well, you know Beijing was the capital of many dynasties,so it is an ancient city and has many historic interests, such as the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven....
你知道北京是很多朝代的首都,所以它是一座古城,有很多的曆史古跡。像長城,頤和園,紫禁城,天壇……
A: But Iu0027m going to stay here only for two days.
但是我隻打算在這裏呆兩天。
B: Iu0027m afraid two days isnu0027t enough for you to see all the places of interest.
恐怕兩天的時間不夠你遊覽的所有的名勝古跡。
A: What shall I do then?
那我怎麼辦呢?
B: If I were you, the Great Wall would be my first choice. As the Chinese saying goes, “youu0027re not a true man until you get to the Great Wall.\"
哪果我是你,長城是我第一個要觀光的古跡。中國有句俗話:“不到長城非好漢。”
A: Itu0027s really worth seeing. By the way, Iu0027d like to buy some souvenirs.
這確實值得一看。另外,我想買些紀念品。
B: You neednu0027t worry about it. There are many stores at the scenic spots. Iu0027m sure you can get what you want.
別擔心,風景區有很多商店。我保證能買到你需要的紀念品。
30 Planning a picnic(野餐計劃)
A: We havenu0027t gone on a picnic for ages. How about going on a picnic this weekend?
我們好久沒去野餐了。這個周末去野餐怎麼樣?
B: Sounds like a good idea. Where shall we go? A park or the countryside?
真是個好主意。我們去哪兒?公園還是鄉下?
A: Well, the countryside is my favorite. The scene is beautiful there and the air is fresh. Maybe we can find a stream and have a real picnic there.
我喜歡去鄉下。那兒風景優美,空氣新鮮。也許我們能找到一條小溪,在那兒進行一次真正的野餐。
B: So, Iu0027ll prepare the food and youu0027ll arrange the transportation.
好,我準備食品,你安排行程。
31 What can I do for you?(你要買點什麼?)
A: What can I do for you?
您要點什麼?
B: Iu0027m trying to find a blue sports coat of size 48.Do you have any?
我想買一件48碼的藍色運動衣。有沒有?
A: Sorry, we do have the color but not the size.This size is rare.
抱歉,這個顏色的有,但沒這個尺碼的。這種尺碼的很少。
B: Are you likely to be getting any more in?
最近還進貨嗎?
A: Iu0027m not sure.
說不準。
B: Can you order me one?
你們能幫我訂做嗎?
A: Sure.
當然可以。
B: How much is it if you order me one?
訂做多少錢?
A: About 250 yuan. Would you mind leaving your phone number.Iu0027ll ring you when it is made.
大約250元。請留個電話號碼,做好之後我給您打電話。
B: All right, thank you.
好的,謝謝。
32 Iu0027ve passed CET Band 4
(我已過了英語四級)A: Have a seat,please. Iu0027m the personnel manager.Iu0027ve read your application form and resume. I know you are twenty-two years old and graduated from Nankai University. Your major is electronics?
請坐,我是人事部經理。我已看了你的申請表和簡曆,知道你22歲,畢業於南開大學。你的專業是電子學?
B: Yeah, I have answered every question in the form.
是的,申請表中的所有問題我都回答了。
A: We need one with a good command of English, because our company is a British one. Howu0027s your English?
我們需要一位英語較好的人,因為我們公司是一家英國公司。你的英語好不好?
B: I believe my English is good enough for me to work in your company. Iu0027ve passed CET Band 4.
我想我的英語在貴公司工作沒問題。我已經通過了大學英語四級考試。
A: Thatu0027s good. Then please get ready for an English interview with the department manager.
這很好。那麼就請準備參加部門經理對你進行的英語口試吧。
B: When am I supposed to come?
我什麼時候來?
A: Weu0027ll inform you of the exact date.
具體時間另行通知。
33 Summer job(暑期工作)
A: May I talk to the personnel supervisor?
我能與人事主管談談嗎?
B: Itu0027s me. What can I do for you?
我就是。你有什麼事嗎?
A: Iu0027m here for the job advertised in yesterdayu0027s newspaper.
我來應聘昨天報上登的工作。
B: You look like a student. Am I right?
你看起來像個學生,對吧?
A: You are right. I am in my summer vacation,and I hope to get a job to earn some money.
是的。我正在過暑假,在這段時間裏,我希望能找到一份工作掙點錢。
B: As a tourist guide, you must be very fluent in English. Have you done that kind of job before?
作為導遊,你的英語口語必須非常流利。你以前做過導遊嗎?
A: Yes, I have. I served as a tourist guide for Beijing International Travel Service last summer.
做過。去年夏天我曾經為北京國際旅行社做過導遊。
B: So you conducted tours for foreign tourists?
那麼你是負責外國遊客的觀光遊覽了?
A: Yes, we had tours around Beijing and to many other places of historical interest and scenic spots. And we all had a good time.
是的,我們領他們遊覽了整個北京市,還去了其它一些地方的名勝古跡。大家都玩得很開心。
B: I noticed your pronunciation and intonation are excellent. We will take you on. If it is convenient for you, come and work tomorrow.
我注意到你的語音語調都很棒,我們決定錄用你。如果方便的話,明天就過來上班。
A: Thank you very much.
謝謝。
B: By the way, what pay do you expect?
哦,你希望多少薪水?
A: Since I am a student and inexperienced, I canu0027t say.
我還是個學生,沒有經驗,不好說。
B: OK. I am sure it will be fair for you.
好吧,我保證我們會給你一個公正的數目。
34 We need a secretary(我們需要一個秘書)
A: I went over your application form yesterday. Thereu0027re a few more point Iu0027d like to know. Would you mind answering a few questions?
我昨天看了你的申請表。還有幾點我想搞清楚。問你幾個問題,不介意吧?
B: Of course not.
當然可以。
A: We need a secretary. Can you tell me what qualifications a secretary should possess?
我們需要一名秘書,你知道秘書應具備什麼資格嗎?
B: I think a secretary should possess the abilities to trep and take short hand. Iu0027m good at taking short hand, but I canu0027t type fast. If I keep practising for several days, I can improve my typing speed.
我想秘書應會打字和速記,我會速記但字打得不快,但若是堅持練幾天,我的打字速度就能提高。
A: Our firm does business with foreign companies. How about your English?
我們公司與外國公司做生意,你的英語怎麼樣?
B: I can speak and write good English, for Iu0027ve learned it for the years,ever since I was a middle school student.
我的英語說和寫都很好,我已經學了10年的英語,從一上中學就開始學。
A: Do you know other languages?
會別的語言嗎?
B: I know a little Japanese. I began to learn it six months ago.
懂一點日語,6個月前開始學的。
A: If you work in our company, you have to use the computer everyday. We need one who has good knowledge not only in languages, but also in computer.
在我們公司裏工作,每天你都要使用計算機。我們所需要的人不僅要熟練地掌握語言,而且還要熟悉計算機。
B: Iu0027m surely qualified for this job.
我確實有此資格。
A: By the way, do you have a two-inch picture?
順便問一下,你有兩寸的照片嗎?
B: Iu0027ll bring it here this afternoon together with my resume.
今天下午和我的簡曆一起送來。
35 Any vacancy now?(有職位空缺嗎?)
A: Sorry, may I interrupt you? I have just graduated from college. Do you have any vacancy now?
對不起,可以打擾一下嗎?我剛大學畢業,你們現在有職位空缺嗎?
B: Yes, we have a vacancy for a computer operator. Can you tell me what your major is?
是的,我們有一個計算機操作員的空缺。你是學什麼專業的?
A: My major is software design. I have great knowledge in A Series MCP architecture, concept and operation.
我的專業是軟件設計,我熟悉A係列MCP結構、概念和操作。
B: Do you have any working experiences?
你有過工作的經曆嗎?
A: I have worked part-time in several companies when I was a student. I once worked as a computer programmer and I also have two years of experience in A Series MCP.
我上學時在幾個公司裏兼過職,曾做過編程員,有兩年使用A係列MCP結構的工作經驗。
B: We are satisfied with your experience. You will become one in our staff soon.
我們對你的經曆很滿意。你很快便會成為我們的一名員工。
A: I am very glad to hear that.
聽到這話,我很高興。
B: Here is an application form for you to fill out. Bring it back tomorrow with 3 one-inch photos.
這兒有一份申請表填一下,明天連同3張一寸的照片一起交來。
36 Join a small company(到小公司工作)
A: Iu0027m here to apply for the position on your vacancy board.Are you the managers?
我到這來是應聘招工廣告上的兒作。您是經理嗎?
B: Yes, I am. Can you give me a description about yourself?
是的。你能講講你的經曆嗎?
A: Iu0027ve just got my BS degree. I worked as a part-time salesman, and then I worded in a trading company.
我剛獲得理學士學位。我做過兼職推銷員,後來又在一家貿易公司工作。
B: How long did you work at each job?
每個工作你都做了多久?
A: As a salesman I worked for five months, and as a clerk I worked for one year.
我作過5個月的推銷員,1年的職員。
B: What has made you decide to join our company? Our company is very small.
你為什麼要選擇在我們公司工作呢?我們隻是個小公司呀。
A: I know that.Frankly speaking, Iu0027ve been offered attractive jobs from some large corporations. But I believe I would have better chances with your small but growing company.
我知道這一點。坦率的講,有幾家大公司已經為我提供了誘人的工作,但我相信在你們這樣雖小卻在不斷發展的公司幹,會有更多的機會。
B: That sounds reasonable. Welcome to join us. Please report yourself in the personnel office at 8 ou0027clock on the morning of August I with all your credentials and resume.By the way, can you drive?
聽起來很有道理。歡迎你到我們公司工作。請於8月1日早晨8點鍾,帶上你的簡曆和所有的證明材料到人事處報到。順便問一下,你會開車嗎?
A: Yes, I got a license two years ago.
會,兩年前我就拿了駕照。